Monday, September 20, 2010

"I always thought that pretending... would be a little more special. Judy Blume should have prepared me for this." (Easy A, 2010)

Movie: Easy A

Rating: PG-13

Release Year: 2010

Notable Cast: Emma Stone, Penn Badgley, Amanda Bynes, Dan Byrd

Stars: 3

Review: This movie cracked me up! It was delightful to watch. Emma Stone as Olive the edgy protagonist and Amanda Bynes as Mariann the judgmental elitist were absolutely perfect casting decisions. The story was entertaining and the dialogue, particularly from Olive's parents, quite hilarious. Of course, this movie was pretty unrealistic (e.g., I doubt a student could have gotten away with some of those outfits in school and Olive's parents were pretty nonchalant and easygoing), but I didn't mind at all because I don't think the point was realism. I found this movie to be just as lighthearted and funny as I expected from the trailer. It's Juno-esque, so if you liked Juno I bet you'd like this movie.

Disclaimer: I DO NOT recommend letting kids or young teens watch this movie, primarily because of the blase attitude towards premarital/teen sex.

Good date movie? Sure!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to read some more reviews; I hope you have not given up on this blog.

    ReplyDelete